We’re looking for a Associate Creative Designer to join our team. The person who will win us over is a visual designer who sees the world in ways others don’t, not because you’re better, but because you’re curious and make unique connections.
As a designer on our team you’ll be brought into the fold on client and internal projects—from client conversations to internal brainstorms, project challenges and milestones. You’ll be a member of our team and will be expected to work alongside us—with support and mentorship of course. Think of your time with us as career practice, with freedom to learn, mess up, get better, and question all things. You’ll work with an individual mentor and supervisor in a hyper collaborative and cross-disciplinary environment focused on innovation, strategy, and product and service design. You’ll have access to a diverse set of tools and minds through our Co-op which networks people and skills from hardware hackers to behavioral economists.
Currently we’re taking on challenges like redesigning healthcare from scratch, reimagining safety and workplace culture in construction, inventing the first playable interstellar sport, and collaborating with partners who are teaching technology to see and understand humans. We’re out to design the future together, are you in?
Take part in the exploration and production of digital and physical products, services, artifacts, and other consumer experiences.
You will be crucial in pulling together elements that bring ideas and presentations to life: helping to prepare materials, presentations, moodboards, layouts, and content.
Collaborate with our team of Designers, Strategists, and Technologists who will guide your work and invest in your growth and development as a designer—from art direction and research to digital prototyping and production.
Convey ideas, concepts, and thinking with clarity.
Listen actively and be an effective communicator, in writing and in person.
Be open and unafraid to have your opinion changed.
Actively inspire and contribute to Friends culture with what excites you.
Strong design portfolio showing a clean, modern aesthetic and a passion for visual narratives.
Unique examples of conceptual thinking in storytelling, illustration, or interactive.
Demonstrated ability to integrate design elements into a larger idea.
Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Framer, and other design tools inside and out.
Ability to work collaboratively and independently with equal strength.
Strong writing skills.
X-Acto knife skills + handcrafted art and objects.
Strong camera work and comprehensive knowledge of camera, lighting, and studio equipment.
Artistic pursuits in any medium.
Relevant work experience.
How to apply
Friends is committed to fair and inclusive employment practices, and strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and others who may contribute to the diversification of ideas to apply.
To apply. send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a little about yourself, your portfolio, and resume. We regularly review submissions and will be in touch after we've reviewed yours. Good luck and we hope to see you soon!
We’re big believers in providing all of our employees a fair living wage, along with unique benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision: Friends cover 100% of the cost of premiums for all employee policies and 50% for dependents. Eligibility and benefits are governed by the terms of the plan, which the company may change or terminate at any time.
- Tattoos: Friends reimburse up to 50% of all tattoos booked at East River Tattoo.
- Reimbursement of all professional development during your employment at Friends. Be it getting a Nano Degree in AI from Udacity, a Data Science class at General Assembly, or even flying high at the New York Trapeze School.
- Reimbursement of any published work and software desired throughout your employment at Friends. We prefer books to be purchased via Powells.com even if they're more expensive than Amazon.
- Unlimited time-off. 10 days of which are mandatory—if you don’t take time-off, we’ll start to randomly turn off your email.
- Commuting: All employees receive monthly MetroCard and a Citi Bike membership at no additional cost. Employees and members will have access to studio bikes to get around the neighborhood easily.
- Summer Fridays: You will be required to leave the office at 3pm every Friday during summer. Suns out, buns out.
- Pets!: Friends provides dog beds, toys, and treats for your hairy child.